Celebrating over 250 years of elegance and congenial tradition, Crooked Run Tavern invites our guests on a truly historic experience.
The Experience: Since 1766, the forefathers of America dined here, warmed by our fire and illuminated by candlelight. Today we strive to keep that tradition alive by providing a welcoming atmosphere and serving dishes inspired by the local area and our colonial past.
Outdoor and Indoor Dinning: We offer limited indoor dinning in our historic dinning room or private dinning room. We also offer outdoor dinning on our back porch or on one of our picnic tables on the Meander Lawn with views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The Menu: The Tavern offers casual dinning that includes both lite fare and diverse entrees. To see the full menu please click here.
Local Wine & Beer: We are proud of our relationship with local Virginia winemakers, vineyards, and breweries.
- Dinner service is provided to Inn guests and the Public on Thursday-Saturday evenings from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Breakfast service is provided to Inn guests daily from 8:30-10:00am and included in the room rate
- Brunch/Lunch Service is open to the public on Saturday and Sundays from 10-2pm
- Reservations are encouraged for both Inn guests and the public
- On nights when the tavern is not open, Inn guests can pre-order a 4-course chef prepared dinner basket to be picked up in the kitchen area at 6pm to enjoy in any of the common areas, including the dining room, patio, and picnic tables on the lawn or back in the guest rooms
- Picnic baskets are available for Inn guests any day of the week with 24 hour advanced notice.
- Private lunches or dinners (8-20 people) can be arranged with advanced notice/reservation for any day of the week.
- Please call 540-672-4912 to make your reservation or use the link below.
Special Event: December Candlelight Dinner Concert Series
Join us every Saturday evening in December for a magical candlelight concert dinner at the historic Crooked Run Tavern at Meander. Step back in time as you enter our historic manor house built in 1766 and take a seat by the fireplace in one of our three 3 socially distanced dining rooms decorated for the holidays. Enjoy a chef prepared 4-course set menu while listening to the acoustic guitar performance of Joshua Dixon.