Celebrating over 250 years of elegance and congenial tradition, Crooked Run Tavern invites our guests on a truly historic experience.
The Experience: Since 1766, the forefathers of America dined here, warmed by our fire and illuminated by candlelight. Today we strive to keep that tradition alive by providing a welcoming atmosphere and serving dishes inspired by the local area and our colonial past.
Outdoor and Indoor Dining: We offer limited indoor dining in our historic parlor or private dining rooms. We also offer outdoor dining on our back porch, fountain patio, or picnic tables on the Meander Lawn with views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Dinner service is open to the public and guests of the Inn on Thursday-Sunday evenings from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Breakfast service is provided to Inn guests daily from 8:30-10:00 am and is included in the room rate
- Weekday breakfast service is open to the public daily from 8:30-10:00 am Monday-Friday
- Weekend brunch service is open to the public Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 am-2:00 pm
The Menu: The Crooked Run Tavern is a unique dining experience where you can have an entire three-course prix fixe dinner or an a la carte style dinner to create your chosen experience. Whether celebrating a special event or just a night out with friends and family, Crooked Run Tavern offers a beautiful setting for a memorable evening. A sample menu can be found here and here.
Local Wine & Beer: We are proud of our relationship with local Virginia winemakers, vineyards, and breweries.
- Reservations are encouraged for both Inn guests and the public
- On nights when the tavern is not open, Inn guests can pre-order a 3-course chef-prepared dinner basket to be picked up in the kitchen area at 6 pm to enjoy in any of the common areas, including the dining room, patio, and picnic tables on the lawn or back in the guest rooms
- Picnic baskets are available for Inn guests any day of the week with 24-hour advanced notice.
- Private lunches or dinners (8-20 people) can be arranged with advanced notice/reservation for any day of the week.
- Please call 540-672-4912 to make your reservation or use the link below.
Saturday Dinner Concert Series
Join us every Saturday evening for a magical concert dinner at the historic Crooked Run Tavern at Meander. Step back in time as you enter our historic manor house built in 1766 and take a seat by the fireplace in one of our three 3 dining rooms. Enjoy a chef prepared set menu for $65 per person for 3 courses and $74 for four courses, while listening to the acoustic guitar performance of Joshua Dixon.